CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
TO THE INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY FOR SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASES RESEARCH (ISSTDR) BOARD
The ISSTDR Board invites nominations for membership on the Board, to be considered at the an ISSTDR Board meeting to be held in June 2023, approximately a month in advance of the STI & HIV World Congress, which will be held in Chicago, Illinois, USA from 24-27 July, 2023. There will be 4 positions open on the Board.
Successful applicants will have a strong track record in sexually transmitted infection research, including research leadership. Experience in working on conference committees is an advantage, but is not essential. We are particularly keen to receive applications from researchers in regions that are under-represented on the Board (everywhere outside North America and Australia). Ideal candidates will have a relationship with ISSTDR (via engagement/attendance at previous congresses).
Expectations for Board members include:
- Serve on the ISSTDR Board for a period of 6 years.
- Participate in the Board meeting held during ISSTDR.
- Participate in telephone/video conferences Board meetings when necessary between meetings.
- Help and/or advise the Congress Chair with scientific content of the meetings as requested.
- Participate on committees established to support each upcoming ISSTDR Congress.
- Support and promote ISSTDR in the scientific and public health communities.
- Consideration of participating in/supporting a bid to host a future Congress.
Applications should include:
- A letter from the nominee explaining their reasons for interest and qualifications for nomination. The nominee should include any experience with the ISSTDR meetings.
- A current short CV (4-5 page maximum)
- A single letter of support from a current or immediate past member of the ISSTDR Board
- Applications should be sent by email to Caroline Cameron, ISSTDR Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Closing date: 15th May, 2023
Barbara Van Der Pol
Chair of the STI & HIV 2023 World Congress Chicago, https://stihiv2023.org/.
On behalf of the Board of ISSTDR www.isstdr.org