This policy should be read in conjunction with our terms and conditions. It explains:
- What personally identifiable information of yours we collect
- Who collects the information
- How the information is collected
- With whom the information may be shared
- What choices are available to you regarding the collection use and distribution of the information
- The security procedures that are in place to prevent unauthorised disclosure
- How to amend your information
Information collection and use. When you apply for full or associate IUSTI membership you are asked to provide personally identifiable data such as your name, institution and department and, work address, email, fax and phone numbers, and clinical fields of interest. This information is required to process your membership application or to renew or vary existing membership.
For ordinary membership application online a debit or credit card payment is required. This is collected by Netbanx Ltd over a secure link. These payment card details are not collected by, or made available to IUSTI. For further details see terms and conditions online membership.
In normal configuration, all web servers, including our own, automatically receive and record information such as the IP address of your computer and the page(s) requested. This information is used to monitor and improve the service of the web site.
Information sharing and disclosure. IUSTI will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone. Only officers of IUSTI and associated persons (eg web server staff) have normally access to your personally identifiable data. Due to the global nature of IUSTI and the global dispersion of its officers and regional directors, information disclosure to persons with a need to know will not be limited to Europe.
From time to time IUSTI may receive requests from third parties to provide information about members. An example might be a world health organisation query for doctors in particular regions with particular STI expertise. We will only provide your personally identifiable information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- We have obtained your consent by email or in writing to disclose the information
- We need to send the information to companies working in association with IUSTI (eg congress organisers) so that they may provide a service to you or
- We are forced to disclose the information by the police or due legal process
Cookies. In order to develop restricted membership and administration services, we may set and access session cookies on your computer. These are solely designed to provide you with a better service.
Amendment of personally identifiable information. You may request an amendment of the information you submitted for membership purposes by emailing the . If you request the deletion of information that is deemed by IUSTI essential for membership purposes, then obviously that membership will become void.
Security. Membership payments will be collected by Netbanx Ltd using industry-standard SSL encryption. Further details on the security of such information may be obtained from Netbanx Ltd.
Non-credit card information such as name and address is not collected using SSL encryption.
Updated by webmaster February 4th 2008.